Most of the people thinks a domain is a website. Somebody thinks hosting is a website. But we say both views are half-way correct, because both are inevitable part of a website. So we just need to list out basic requirements for a WordPress website.
The basic requirement for a websites are;
1. A Domain Domain names are used to identify one or more IP addresses. For example, the domain name ausiiz.com represents about a dozen IP addresses. Domain names are used in URLs to identify particular Web pages. For example, in the URL https://www.ausiiz.com/index.html, the domain name is ausiiz.com.
2. Hosting When a hosting provider allocates space on a web server for a website to store its files, they are hosting a website. Web hosting makes the files that comprise a website (code, images, etc.) available for viewing online.
So domain need a hosting space to design and develop a website. And a WordPress website has three more requirements. They are;
1. WordPress Installation WordPress is a free content management system used to build and maintain websites. Its ease of use and unique blogging features have helped it become the most popular blogging tool on the web. WordPress provides a web-based user interface for designing, publishing, and updating websites.
1. WordPress Theme In WordPress, a theme is a collection of templates and stylesheets used to define the appearance and display of a WordPress powered website. They can be changed, managed, and added from the WordPress admin area under Appearance » Themes. There are several free and paid WordPress Themes available.
1. WordPress Plugins A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. WordPress plugins are written in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. There are several free and paid WordPress plugins avaiable.